Microneedling or Collagen Induction Therapy
Updated: 2 days ago
What is Microneedling?
Microneedling or "collagen induction therapy" is a popular procedure preformed at medical spas. The concept of micro-needling is to create small controlled injuries in epidermis and dermis of your skin, therefore activating body'd natural processes of healing. When body detects injury it activates a whole circade of responses, releasing growth factors, white blood cells and platelets; starting to feed your skin with anti-aging processes. As a result we also get a huge boost in elating and c collagen production within our skin. These 2 major components are responsible for healthy, elastic, youthful skin. After the age of 25 we start loosing elastin and collagen within our skin (along with structural fat in deep layers) and it starts the process of aging, appearance of first wrinkles and overall dull skin.
Other benefits of Microneedling
As I have discussed above - anti-aging is the number 1 reason people get this treatment. But there are lots of other benefits such as:
-minimizes acne scarring
-improved moisture balance within skin
-lightens up sunspots
-evens out skin tone giving you that amazing glow
After the initial consultation with one of our Registered Nurses, the appropriate and customized Microneedling protocol will be chosen.
1. Face, neck, decollate will be thoroughly washed with a cleanser
2. Medical grade prescription strength anesthetic cream applied to the face to make your procedure very comfortable. This will stay on your skin approximately 20 minutes under occlusive plastic wrap
3. Lidocaine cream will be cleaned off your skin and a solution of chlorohexedine will be applied to skin to ensure skin is free of any microorganism and area is aseptic.
4. Several layers of Melanin Suppressant solution and Cell conditioner applied to the skin to maximize affect of the procedure with minimal risk of Post Inflammatory Hyperpigmentation.
5. A Growth Factor and vitamin cocktail applied to skin with a dropper prior to use of Derma Pen. It is an advanced mesotherapy product that contains more Hyaluronic Acid compared to other solutions of this category. That makes this incredible cosmetic rejuvenation option more effective than its competition. It does an excellent job at restoring the hydro balance of dry and mature skin. Thanks to the different amino acids, vitamins, and minerals in its formula, it stimulates collagen production in the skin and corrects superficial facial lines.
6. Derma Pen that is used for collagen Induction Therapy, with a sterile cartridge that contains multiple hair thin like needles (9-36 needles).Registered Nurse will assess clients pain tolerance and ensure that procedure is very comfortable when starting to micro needle with Derma Pen. The depth of penetration as well as the speed at which needles penetrate can be adjusted per area treated and and desired result.
7. After all the face/neck and decollate has been microneedled, Celluma LED light therapy dome applied for additional 20 minutes, this will help with healing, decrease of redness/swelling and give an additional boost for collagen and elastin production.
8. As a last step a collagen sheet mask applied to cool down the skin and infuse it with healing ingredients such as arnica.
9. SPF of 50 applied if procedure done earlier in a day, and post care regimen with products given to a client.
Microneedling will give you noticeable results from treatment 1, but a series of 4-6 needed for a maximum benefit. Each treatment can be done 2-4 weeks apart.
*Elixir Medspa offers 15% off if package purchased at once.